Natchez City Cemetery
On March 14, 1908 there was a huge explosion at the Natchez Drug Company that destroyed the five story building and killed numerous workers inside. The owner of company was so devastated by the deaths, the youngest being only 12 years old, he purchased a lot to bury his employees. He also commissioned the
angel monument to be place at their gravesite.
The reason why it is called the Turning Angel is, at night, when cars drive by on Cemetery Road their headlights shine upon the monument and to some it appears to turn as their car passes by.